Not sure about the wrapping, all I know at this point is that even that 6Mil could not handle the heat and cracked on me. This was a metal frame so the issue was not the PVC but simply that the plastic can not handle that high heat in the top (sometimes 100/F easy up in the top area).

The rebar I read about is sections driven into the ground so that you can then bend a section of PVC over and stick it over the rebar thus holding the pvc in place. Or as you say it can be tacked to lumber with fasteners like pipe clamps you see in hardware (metal and plastic types).

The wind reached 75 miles an hour last summer (tornado near by) and that plastic and green house stayed in it's place and nothing was used to hold it down, it was just sitting there. So I learned about the wind and what these can handle (which is allot really). But the heat was the factor for me and I did not have a good ventilation so it was partly my fault. However this plastic was not designed for this but I had to see for myself being so stubborn.

I would rather use clear (green house brand) polycarbonate but I was low on cash. I did learn allot from the effort and it was fun. People in neighborhood all think I am either a nut or a interesting person, some pulled over and wanted to ask me about it so I give them tours and we meet people that way too.