I read a site last night that promotes the use of rebar for the hoops/ribs. I think he was using 3/4" rebar, and used 2x4's to space and re-inforce the ends. Of course, he sells the woven poly greenhouse covers, so he didn't use 6 mil painter's plastic, but it sounds as if it might be a plan ...... that is, of course, if rebar isn't too much more expensive than the top rail for cyclone fences. the bender is only $39.99 for starts on Ebay (they want $88 on their web site, so don't plan to pay $39.99 for it . I'll be checking in to the rebar this summer to see if it is viable. Thanks JeffW for the mention of putting the sides into the wind, we get some ferocious winds here, so that's good to know.

On the subject of using painter's plastic, if you wrapped the hoops in the same kind of plastic, would it last any longer. I'm not so sure .... Most of the times I've subjected painter's plastic to the elements, it wears out in one season, PVC or not, 6 mil or not! The guy mentioned above, wraps his rebar in the woven poly to protect the cover, so that's why the question about wrapping the PVC.