View Poll Results: What do you think of the camera?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh thats neat!

1 100.00%
  • I'd like to see some improvements

0 0%
  • This is not good at all...

0 0%
  • I dont care about your stupid underwater fish camera!

0 0%
    Members

Cool Hello from Tucson, try this for me...

Hello everyone. I have read around this forum for a little while, but decided to make an account today.

I have cobbled together a twin IBC tote aquaponics system in my side yard. It's a great hobby, but wanted to share it with other people. I'm sure all my friends are sick of hearing about it by now, except those I have managed to infect with the aquaponics bug.

I try to do everything a bit different, as long as it makes sense. Here is an outline of what I have setup

Two IBC totes, 330gal and a 275gal.
    The larger tote has the top cut off, and serves as the main fish tank.
    The bottom half of the smaller 275gal tote works as my grow bed.
    The top half of the smaller tote is mounted on top of the larger tote, with water draining down from the center cap.
    I use the "top tank" for raising minnows, which the bottom fish eat.
    I raise fairy shrimp in a section of the top tank, which the minnows eat.
    About 20 clams live in the bottom fish tank for filtering
    Somewhere around 10 amano shrimp are mixed in each tank, including the grow bed.

If you want to see the minnows, I built a little monitoring interface with a raspberrypi and some coding (my day job has me online most of the time).
    Check it out if you would like to, http://70.162.39.217/ and thanks for existing so that I could find this forum!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aquaponics_snapshot(1).jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	5047

Members

Arrow Reposting, because the first one got ate.

Hey all! I decided to make an account today, but between spam filters and my luck with computers, I'm reposting today.

I have cobbled together a twin IBC tote aquaponics system in my side yard. It's a great hobby, but wanted to share it with other people. I'm sure all my friends are sick of hearing about it by now, except those I have managed to infect with the aquaponics bug.

I try to do everything a bit different, as long as it makes sense. Here is an outline of what I have setup

Two IBC totes, 330gal and a 275gal.
    The larger tote has the top cut off, and serves as the main fish tank.
    The bottom half of the smaller 275gal tote works as my grow bed.
    The top half of the smaller tote is mounted on top of the larger tote, with water draining down from the center cap.
    I use the "top tank" for raising minnows, which the bottom fish eat.
    I raise fairy shrimp in a section of the top tank, which the minnows eat.
    About 20 clams live in the bottom fish tank for filtering
    Somewhere around 10 amano shrimp are mixed in each tank, including the grow bed.

If you want to see the minnows, I built a little monitoring interface with a raspberrypi and some coding (my day job has me online most of the time).
    Check it out if you would like to, http://70.162.39.217:8080/ and thanks for existing so that I could find this forum!

Thanks for letting my join! Ive read a few great posts here about how to get my setup going.