Hi guys,

My names Gerhard and I'm a fourth term Product Designer at Art Center College of Design and I'm currently working on a project that i need YOUR help with. Im happy to be learning all I can about improving the world we live in today, and I look forward to hearing from you guys here on the forum!

Project Brief: "Imagine the world in 2050. How do we live, work, play and survive? Do changes in our environment, social structure or attitudes open up new opportunities for designers to help shape the world?"

Each student takes a different route through this project and choses 3 important topics they want to focus on. My topics are : Education, Environment, and Work.

Now here is where i need YOUR help! :wave:

For the environment topic, I chose to focus on farmers and our future in farming as a society. Now, as most of you may know were headed to an increase in population size globally and with technological advancements and globalization, most of the world will be living in urbanized areas. All this means is that with more land used to build cities, there will be less land for agriculture and farming. So how do we introduce sustainable farming in urbanized cities of the future?

As of now I'm working on interviews for my project to get a better idea of the process involved in aquaponics and also compost farming, and what limitations there are. I would love to be able to come by and take a look at your backyard systems in person and ask a few questions and get some pictures in order to have a deeper understanding on the process.

I have a two week timeframe for this part of the project and would really appreciate your help! all input and info is definitely confidential and will only be used in our classroom in order to further advance my vision for this project. Help me help better the world for generations to come :thumbright:

Im located in Pasadena Ca but i am willing to travel locally, thank you!!

by the way here is my blog for this class hope you enjoy!

https://godesign.tumblr.com