Thank you very much Oliver! I've started reading the Aquaponics 101 threads, thank you for writing those!

Indeed, I have used the term "pond" incorrectly. I meant to say fish tank. My intensions are completely internal and for a closed system to eliminate pests as a problem as much as possible.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find much info on Nitraponics, there is a lot of stuff for Nutraponics, which appears to be a Canadian company. Anyways.

The main reason I'm asking is because I don't want to grow fish for food. I don't want to kill fish and thus am wondering how to make the best system possible.

If I want to have a system with decorative fish (I don't want to kill fish) and a variety of plants (potatoes, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, greens, lettuce, peas, and I somehow manage to get EC about 1.8 and ph of about 7-75, good DO (80-100ppm), would you think it would be a balanced system?

I realize I need to take a very well-paced approach on this, starting off in smaller portions, gradually filling up the tank and the growbeds but in theoretically I could get to such a stage. If I then put a filter system either in the beginning of irrigation of in the end, to monitor and control EC, ph, flow, etc., would that work?

Of course, I would need to have a very well calculated fish tank, growbed infrastructure (containers, root area, irrigation tubes, sprinklers, mist makers, etc..) and a very well timed water pump.

I'm planning to build a family year-round plant-based diet greenhouse, powered by solar panels, rainwater harvested water, and aquaponics system. Each plant will be grown in a specific container to best utilize its specific growth characteristics. That would involve using different watering methods but I plan to mostly use aeroponics (both high and low pressure systems, depending on the desired root growth) in vertical growbed "towers". I would also have to think about aeration of the water somehow as well as adding CO2 in the most eco-friendly way (so far I've found various types of fermentation to be the safest bet but I'm still unsure about those)

A side question on the fish tank: how to deal with fish waste and dead fish? Does the bacteria on the tank bottom take care of that?

Also, as I want to keep things as clean as possible, I assume by this scheme:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nutraponics-illustration-dec11-final.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	5017
That I can have the bacteria in a separate tank, not in the growbed containers, correct?