Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Increasing DO

oliver id love to see how to test the idea of separating the electrodes ---without zapping a fish --I was thinking in a bubble tower type setting

and yeah I was definitely talking about HOME-MADE SEPERATOR --THEN JUST PUTTING THE OXYGEN OUTPUT RELATIVELY CLOSE (POSSIBLY ATTACHED TOO) TOO MY AIR PUMPS INTAKE --omg I hate caplock grrr --- im guessing that if I pumped PURE oxygen into the air pump itd be more dangerous than just putting it a millimeter away so its all going into pump --but at least some regular air goes in also -- to dilute the oxygen saturation inside the airpump----- another idea ive had is --juts cll the manufacturer and ask if theres any spark chance inside their air pump--and let them know id be running pure oxy into it & see what they say ???

Actually you could just put both electrodes at the bottom of the tank and place an open tube above the hydrogen electrode to keep the hydrogen from mixing with the tank water. The bubbles would all rise through the same small column of water and exit at the surface.

I just thought it was relevant to the original post, I have no intention of buying it. I'm actually building a PSA oxygen concentrator as we speak that should produce (up to) 120 L/min of 95% pure oxygen.
    It's all about the fish, dude.

well my variation on the design is going to have a bell or cone above the hydrogen electrode ---with a small diameter pipe going up & out of the area (house ,greenhouse,building) that way the hydrogen gets vented away from the fish as much as possible ----it will be piped to the generator to help power it for electricity returns ---so basically the system will almost power itself ----I was also trying to design a way to run the generator on woodgas & hydrogen combo ---that way the only fuel would be wood chips from a local treeservice & the extra explosive power being fed into the generator would come from the hydrogen ---since woodgas has like half the punch of gasoline --im hoping the hydrogen will get the power back up there closer to a gasoline powered generators capability ????

hey david ---any chance you can show us pics or a video of your current progress ???

another concern ive had is --if you put the electrodes into the actual aquaponics system as opposed to just ajug of water that is sacrificed to separation is ----with the current fry the bacteria in the water with the electricity flowing between electrodes-- in sufficient amounts that it will start effecting the systems ecology ----because its pointless too increase the oxygen in the water to boost plant and bacteria growth (IF) we kill off the bacteria ata greater rate than they are reproducing ?? ---soo if it does fry bacteria faster than they making more bacterias it might be better off to have a totally separate water source for the electrodes to be in --then pump the oxygen into the aquaponics system ---anyone got the brainpower to think up HOW to test that situation ?

My military surplus oxygen concentrator modules just came today ( weighs 560 pounds I think) and I'm still waiting for filters & parts for the 15hp air compressor I bought a couple weeks ago. I have to build the control mechanism and get it all plumbed up... but I'll try to post something soon.

ow man david --pictures hehehe you got my brain wondering hat monster machine ya building show us what progress you've made --even lack of progress

Not much to see yet, I have parts arriving daily... valves, fittings, timers, etc.

It's a Mattei air compressor, Zurn refrigerated air dryer, and a large array of zeolite filled PSA canisters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1390.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	5018 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	5019

Finally got all the oil & air filters so I could fire up the compressor... I was concerned about the environment it came out of especially that it may have been overheated so the oil turns to varnish and plugs the oil cooler. Seems to be OK: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFeuywK35lE

The thermal image shows (what appears to be) hot oil going through the cooler and coming out... cooler.

It's not much to watch, the rest of the plumbing won't be here until Monday so I'm working on other stuff. Still, it's hard for me to picture 2 liters per second of almost pure oxygen coming out 24/7.

dang david -wi ,,what kinda aquaponics setup you have that's going to burn through that much oxy ???? id think if you put tooo much oxy into a system it will do more harm than not boosting it ?????? ----then again I guess ya can always just pipe a lot of it into your home or just out the roof ??? or endless other uses for spare oxy
    any chance ya can throw a few pics of your total system ??? I imagining several greenhouses filled to the brim