Threaded View

Wink Start a 20000sqm family business in Thailand - please help

Hi all,

As written in my introduction I am an offshore worker and have background in family hydroponics from Holland and Germany.

This is Thailand and so it will be different. I had a backyard test farm of 120sqm that fed after 2 years a small village near Khon Kaen in Thailand but it got completely scrapped by our Buffalo 2 month ago.
    Sure it was good for learning but also sure it was not big enough to gather all knowledge to go commerial.
    So first of all i would love to Introduce here our plan and facilities in steps:

The family (Thai rural Farmers in Rice, Sugar and Rubber) is highly motivated build on the sucess with the test system. We have a reliable labour force of about 15 Family members in a spread from Farmer to Lawyer.

here the land provided by the Uncle:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.65414 ... !1e3?hl=de

Any Comments positive and negative also hard critcis are highly appreciated as the are the ladder to sucess:
    Phase 1 will be a test sytem of 1800 sqm greenhouse:
    Why a Greenhhouse in Thailand somebody might ask now.

only one example we learned in our 25000 EUR, and 120 sqm test field. Just a little drop of temperature with a good solar powered cooling system and you stand of the crowd. Most in Thailand are still using traditional methods and fill the market with the same products.
    Hence: A sweede Root of 1.5 Kg is in Germany 1.59 EUR a go, an Imported one of 250 grs in Thailand is 8 EUR a go. And so we tried heaps of plants.
    Reason 2 is that the Thai consumer is open for news and his orientation goes more and more to bio.. willing to pay a baht more.

so far so good...

and some scratches made to heat up the discussions:

Hey hoo, here come the desasterous plumber!!!

who is good in plumbing and can bring some comments to it? I have my doubts that this will work or that this is the best way to go.

Attachment:

Untitled1.png [ 153.06 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

will a main pipe bring the solution to fill all fish tanks equal so that all have the same flow rate?

Attachment:

Untitled2.png [ 187.03 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

Attachment:

Untitled3.png [ 113.96 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

To put all Filters on the on a tower is my first Idea.. but when it comes to 6 Racks with each 7 x 5040 ltr througs I am looking by a good flow rate at a huge tower and pump.
    If anybody has a good solution bring it on please.

The fish tanks 1-8 the hatchery tanks h1 and h2 and the test tank t1 for trying different fish/crusty's will be connected to the system and 2 quarantaine tanks will be separated running.

The reason here to put all as much possible under the racks is, that cool greenhouse space is sacred and every square inch is a money maker. fish will only cover a small part of the expenses. Vertical is saving walkpathes so more plants can be grown.
    But as I said I am a lousy plumber with a green thumb and a nose for making a $.. Plumbing, I need help! I guess.....

Just fire off your comments and are they small, every fault found before start aviods a desaster when it come to the erection of the system.
    When we have reached the point of opening i hope to meet some people from this forum at the BBQ by beer and yabbies
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	System setup 1.jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	4975  
    all men are made equal, but only the finest become seafarers