Threaded View

Members

Our Back Yard System

I live in a townhouse with an HOA so I am limited as to how much I can put on my patio, and what it can look like. So we designed a system that would be ascetically pleasing and hopefully will produce a little too. The system consists of a 30 gallon fish tank, a 26 gallon grow bed, and two 2 gallon grow pots. The grow bed and the pots are all equipped with T-siphons and are being fed via one pond pump connected to a manifold. We also added a small aerator to the fish tank just to make sure they are happy. Just goldfish in the tank, we are only looking for veggies.

To make the system we used one sheet (4x8) of marine grade plywood that was sealed, then covered in PVC wicker. The wicker is the same kind that you would use to repair outdoor furniture. We are using clay growing pebbles and using baskets to help keep things separate. The whole thing is on heavy duty casters from harbor freight so it can be easily moved if I have to.

We are growing tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, spinach, peas, beans, cucumber. Still have 3 empty spots and will probably add more spinach in those.

The pictures are of the build, sealed wood, and the final outcome with wicker an grow pots added.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	4941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2784.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	4942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2782.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	4944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2845.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	4945