Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Re: Dave's ground breaking news.

The brand is acu-rite. It operates @ 433 mhz...with a switch that offers 3 channels (in case your using more then one)
    The range is up to 100 ft, according to the package.
    There is even a bar graph on the indoor display, showing the strength of the signal.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Thought I'd post this picture, just so jackalope and the other 'snow dwealers' could get a chuckle... Good Lord, there was frost on my truck this morning.... This was taken sometime after 9 am....you can see where the sun melted some....

It was 26 F. at 7 am.
    A little bit of the sweet potatoes in the media bed is still alive...so is the lemon grass and a little lettuce. I had 1 or 2 tomatoes still alive from last weeks freeze...think I lost those now.

Still have duck weed and a few rafts of lettuce in the DWC.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

hi dave, sorry to here about your lose the weather has been crazy this winter. best wishes Big Al

Thanks Big Al.
    The hard part is the 'tempt swing'....with in a day (or so), the difference can be 60 degrees.
    My poor nectarine tree has 'already' put out a few blossoms, at least twice....after the cold goes away and it gets warm again.
    Thank goodness, I have a high volume of water....that slows it's tempt swing, some.

The honey bees flying around looked confused too.....

Members

hi dave, i dont think ive ever seen a necterine tree before let alone a blossom there very pretty.
    blue sky it's beautiful all weve had is grey since november. i miss that lucky you best wishes Big Al

Thanks Big Al.

I'm surprised you haven't seen a nectarine tree.
    When I was a kid, we used to go to the Erie, PA area, to pick peaches, nectarines and cherries. I thought along that area...NW PA...NE OH had lots of orchards (?)

Hope you see blue skys soon....

THAMK YOU Dave!!!!
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Your welcome.....I'm expecting to see a picture of 'flying' wing beans soon....

OK, you can pick one of two scenarios....One, me looking like Arnold saying "I'M BACK !"....or....Jack Nicolson in the Shinning, as he's sticking his face in the hole in the door, which he just chopped with an ax. Anyway, me and my 'now working' computer is back !