Members

Ebb 'n' Flow Methods With Pressurized Delivery

I've been following Bright Agrotech videos and I like his advice. It seems to be extremely well-researched and also backed by many years of experience. He recommends running systems under pressure, possibly using timers.

So, I know of 3 ways ebb 'n flow, or flood and drain can be done using pressure:

1) Overwhelm a small/slow drain with a pump running periodically on a timer.

2) Bell Siphon that overwhelms the inflow with a large drain, no timer necessary.

3) Flout that overwhelms the inflow with a large drain, no timer necessary.

Are these descriptions correct?

Is there another common and/or easy scheme to implement ebb 'n' flow with pressurized delivery (and/or timers)?

Do most people run their siphon or flout systems 24/7 or do they turn pumps off overnight?

Ideally, I'd like to run the pump(s) continuously for longevity but I suppose it is not necessary. I am considering flout based design at the moment but I want to make sure I understand all the common/good options.

Members
    To keep your fish tank aerated, you'll want to keep it running continuously.
    Jason M.

Members
    Quote Originally Posted by jvision View Post
    To keep your fish tank aerated, you'll want to keep it running continuously.
    Yes, this makes sense without air pumps. Aeration on water pumps alone
    does seem simpler and continuous running supposedly extends lifespan.

On another forum a user turned me onto the EZ-T siphon. That might be
    worth a look if you haven't seen one. It looks like a good design but I don't
    know if it scales well like the Bell.

Any other siphon or grow bed tips would be greatly appreciated!