Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Members

TCLynx on another Forum

Hi all, I'm sure many of you know me from elsewhere on the web but I stumbled across this forum and noticed some people in FL that I haven't seen elsewhere. I'm In Central FL and willing to help people out. Currently have some small Blue Tilapia that I'm not planning to keep over winter so if you are near central FL and want some, PM me ASAP before I feed them to the chickens. I'm only going to keep a small number of tilapia over winter cause it cost me too much effort/money to keep them warm last year. We will be harvesting most of my big ones soon to make way for big catfish grow out and new catfish into the quarantine tank.

Anyway, hello!
    TCLynx

TCLynx on another Forum

Howdy TCLynx, welcome aboard! If Dave isn’t ready for the blues I have room for them, or unless your chickens are that hungry. We don’t currently have any true blues, only locally caught tilapia from the ditches- so it would be a welcome addition to our system.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Members

Re: TCLynx on another Forum

I originally got mine from Morningstar and they can only legally sell blues to people without the aquaculture permits. Truth is, I suspect that any tilapia you caught from ditches are probably blues since they are the ones that have naturalized throughout FL.

Anyway, mine are offspring of ones I got my first year in AP that survived last winters low system temp of 54 F with no signs of immune system failure.
    TCLynx

Members

as to the chickens, they are always hungry, starving, absolutely must have treats every time a person enters the yard or they will expire!!!!!!!! don't let them fool you they are masters of manipulation just like baby tilapia in an aquarium that can always trick some poor unsuspecting sole into feeding them even when they are stuffed.

I have to keep the other half from being tricked by the ones I have in the aquarium cause the bio-filter on that set up is not up to extra feedings!!!!
    TCLynx

I know what you mean! I get splashed every time I go past the grow out tanks. They learn fast where their dinner comes from.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

And if you feed the fish using automated feeders, they don't get to know you quite so well I've noticed. It's still possible to get splashed if you peak in at feeding time though.
    TCLynx

I thought I was doing good to be on the top poster list with 54 posts. And then you come along and do 10 in one day.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

TCLynx Welcome to the forum, I recognized the name right off ..... I'm also a member of your forum ..... (not very active there tho ...... )
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Members

Hello! I just started in this forum. I think I can learn a lot here!

Members

not much to my forum. Other than me having to delete spam all the fricking time I just put it up cause I could I guess.
    TCLynx