Quote Originally Posted by catfish
I do not think I have room for the pool so I was think 1-3 stock tanks maybe add to them as needed.

Is there a difference in Submersible pond pump and just a regular submersible pump?

I want to make one of these filters do you still have extra beads or know where I can get some?

Can you use a filter like this with an aquarium?

You mentioned that this sits in your sump, can you explain the sump more or is there a separate thread with you sump?

What is considered pool base?

$100 for plumbing, is this just the materials like the PVC etc.?
A sump is simply a tank that sits at the low point of the system. Water flows into the sump and is pumped from there. Nothing mysterious about a sump. I use a stock tank for a sump with my 700 gallon system. This gives a good place to put a pump and bio-filter.

There are all kinds of submersible pumps. The ones used a sump pumps in houses are not a good choice. They are very inefficient and generate a lot of heat. You need ones designed for high efficiency and you need to select the pump for your application. The right flow for the right head, or height you want to pump the water is key.

As far as beads go, they are already discuseed in this thread.

They are a poor choice for aquariums unless you drill your tanks and set up a sump.

Pool base is just plywood and foam sheets to put the pool on. This makes an insulated smooth surface so the pool won't leak heat or water. Concrete floors will ruin the pool and suck heat out of the bottom.

Yes, the $100 is for valves, clean-outs, elbows, etc.