Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

Members
    Good luck!
    Jason M.

Members
    Hi,
    I don't hang here as much as i used to since i have no place in my current apartment for a system but it is nice to check in every now and then and see what is happening!
    I have a quickfix for you that is easily checked!
    Ditch the internal system, keep the horizontal line in the bottom (need to drill a few holes in it to make it work as a drain) then install the bends as shown with the red line in the pic below. this way you will have an upside down U that will empty your system when the level in the bed exceeds the level in the bend.
    I have the same design on my system, only with clear hose instead of PVC pipe and it works without problem.
    br,
    simon

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	4873  

Was just wondering if you ever got it working...it looks like your using the "Pipe Siphon". At the tail end of you drain pipe you have a 90 angle going straight down into your return pipe to your sump or fish tank. If your siphon "Fires" but doesn't reset after the GB has drained, this is where mine is different from your set-up. I'm not tiring to drain into a pipe but straight to my fish tank. I think that your last 90 needs to be turned up just about 50 degrees from pointing straight down.

Maybe you could use a rain gutter as a return pipe back to your sump or fish tank.