Threaded View

Okay. I removed the 2" return pipe to sump, and replaced with a graded 6" plastic gutter. I then reinstalled the M fittings in 4 of the barrels. And turned the 90 degree elbows from everything from straight down all the way to straight up, and everything in between. The result, much better gas exchange on the gutter, but the siphons still do NOT fire. I have attached pics below to see exactly what is what.
    What happens:
    The siphon starts as the barrels reach their "full" point, the siphon starts, but doesn't disengage. Current theory is that I am adding too much water flow into the barrel. With no media, it sounds like I am supposed to be taking 16 minutes to fill each one. So now I am going back out to isolate ONE barrel, empty it as far as it will go and watch the clock to monitor the fill rate. Then turn 90 elbow parallel to the gutter and see what happens.

***update***
    I adjusted the intake flow from 10 minutes all the way out to 35 to fill. No change. Waste of time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siphon 1.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	4869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siphon 2.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	4870  
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."