Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20150624_121431.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	4845
Quote Originally Posted by jvision View Post
YouTube "DIY PVC Overflow" to get an overflow w/o drilling your tank. Have that water overflow into a sump tank (tho growing tomatoes in the stand under your tank would be tough) and have a pump in the sump tank. My idea was to have a floating raft system, so that you wouldn't have to try to manipulate a flood & drain in the (assuming) small space you have available. If you have lots of room, then set up a stand beside your tank w. a GB on it and a sump under that. Overflow the water from the FT into the GB and have the GB drain into the sump and pump the water from the sump back into the FT.
I have plenty of space next to the tank to put a grow bed since it is a fairly large desk. The thing is, there is no way I could have a sump below the tank. I included a pic of my current setup and I plan to remove the plastic container on the right (it is currently used as a hospital tank for my goldie so once he is well again I can take it away) and put the grow bed there. The table is made out of marble so I can't drill it. Any idea on how I can do the system without drilling the tank or having a sump below the tank? I also can't have fluctuating water level in my tank because it have lots of plants and my goldfish won't appreciate it. I want to have a continuous flow system instead of flood and drain because of that. Any idea how I can achieve that?