Reporting Dead Links

I would like to ask if everyone could report any issues with any links they encounter. I am currently going through each post that links to the old forum and correcting the link. That said, I an only a quarter of the way through. So if you come across any dead links, please use the "report feature" () Which can be found under the posters name on the left hand side. I will work on any reported posts first. Thanks for you help in cleaning up our community.

Jason

Hi Jason,

So far I have never been able to open any of my pictures in "Pipe Siphon by Apollo".

Hi Apollo,

I have looking into the issue. I checked the backup of the old site that I have, and the photo seem to be corrupted. I contacted JCO the other day to see if he still has the old site running on the old server and if so I will see if the attachments are good in that copy. If they are, I will migrate them over.

Jason

Jason, no pictures on "Mespe's Solar heated water AP Greenhouse Build " either.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    So far I have never been able to open any of my pictures in "Pipe Siphon by Apollo".
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    ..., no pictures on "Mespe's Solar heated water AP Greenhouse Build " either.
    Ok, I figured out the root cause of why the images did not come across, and it had to do with the original server move. The files were uploaded in ASCII instead of Binary, so they were corrupted and not recognized as images. I have corrected the original issue and re-imported them. That said, I have a bit more work to do so the posts with the attachments start looking like they should. So the good news is they will be fixed, but it might take me a bit.

Jason

Well Jason, you have cured my addition to this site...I used to check it out at least once per day. But have not been able to open any of my pictures, have not gotten any notification that anyone have posted on any of my topic or of been able track any of my post. Since the site was reworked. Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but it seems like this site has come to a grinding halt.

Apollo, I understand that you are upset with the changes that have been made. You have stated as much using the site feedback, our email interaction and now by posting. It is a big change, and I am working to fix any problems that happen due to the changes. You posted about the problems with the images in your posts. Not a problem. I looked into the issue and stated the "images did not come across, and it had to do with the original server move." and that "I have corrected the original issue and re-imported them". I have corrected the problems with the two you pointed out "Pipe Siphon by Apollo" and Mespe's Solar heated water AP Greenhouse Build and even took care of your Fire Pit ... AP. Love seeing your setup take shape from scratch by the way. As I said, I am working my way through the issues, and will get everything straighten out. Now that the issues with the links have been corrected, I will be working on fixing any images issues with the posts as they are reported or I find them.

I realize that you are not happy with the changes, but I am working to improve the community. You obviously care about the community and the friends you have made here. Otherwise why would you keep coming letting me know that you are not happy. Why not help to improve the site by reporting any issues you find so I can fix them, make any suggestion so maybe I can implement them in the hopes to improve our community so others will benefit from the collective knowledge of our community members. The choice is up to you.