I just joined today after reading much of the info here. I will be building a 20' x 11'6" Geodome greenhouse mid January and have decided to incorporate IBC's to build an Aquaponic system. I can get 7 IBC's for $500 delivered. I was thinking symmetrically spacing them around the inner perimeter of my dome. The tanks are originally 275 gal, I will be cutting a 3'x4'x8" grow bed from each and placing on top of the remaining fish tank. This system is all over the net, I find it the most affordable. I am definitely a ultra newbie to this and expect trial and lots of error. Some questions that come to mind are, what would be the fish to grow bed ratio? Could I raise several types of edible fish with 7 separate tanks, possibly shrimp or other types of seafood? How about breeding and rotating fish for consistent harvests? Grow media being as expensive and scarce as it is has steered my thinking to the raft and net pot method, I understand that filtering and aeration are necessary for this. My Wife and Stepson are Asian and we all love veggies and seafood, there is a water spinach known as kang kong that we love, I read that Tilapia love to eat it, it will more than likely get it's own grow bed. I also downloaded the PDF book this site offers, I'm sure it's full of good info. I welcome any and all advice and input. I will post pics and updates of my successes and failures to add to the archives for all to benefit from.

Thanks to all...Mark