Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Members

Re: Ok this is my system.

Here are my submerged in feed pipes to my grow beds, they have a 4mm air hose line to create a venturi type bubble system into the ST. they also help stop the syphons from blocking.

To the left the relief pressure ball valve. And left off that a tee piece that goes from 20mm pipe from the pump to a 25mm tee. 25mm to the fish tank controlled by another ball valve. And 25mm/15mm pipe reducer going to the Grow beds. I can adjust my water flow to suit my needs. Go from FD to CF.

Maybe my color hue is off on my computer but I see your Nitrate levels as off the chart, maybe pushing 200ppm.

Check out my post "Color blind...need your help" your Nitrate level are a darker red then mine were. At that time mine were about 150 to 160 ppm. Since then they have continued to increase, I'm still trying to get them down though water exchanges, less food and more plants.

Do you know what the ideal level is suppose to be?

PS I'm not really color blind...just wanted some other opinions to confirm what I was seeing.

AAAaaaahhhhhh Photos, now we are getting somewhere
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

There are a series of new clips on the API test kits. It opened my eyes as I was doing it wrong before. At the end she said if its red. Add more hungry plants or less fish. I added more plants. But not to the aquarium. As that’s my backup plant food tank. I add 100ltrs per week to my system. After all I have to do a water change each week anyway on my 200ltr aquarium. Saves putting it down the drain. Plus around 100ltrs per week tap water into my 1300ltrs system approx.

I have an easy way of draining my Nitrate High fish water into my organic garden, by opening the valve on my "Whirlpool Filter / Fry Catcher" I can pump 55 gals of water out in 15 minutes. I then have a 2nd hose running from my rain barrels back the my FT.

My rabbit problem took out most of my plants causing the imbalance plus I need to give away about 7 of my 15 cent starter Gold Fish that are now 6 to 7 inches.

I too use the aquarium water to top um my ap system weekly. Makes the plants happy to get that extra boost of nitrates all at once. Lol

Members

Well you have to put the start-up fish to good use after all. Come time to harvest they will be needed again. And now they are a lot bigger than when they first started. I am growing Barramundi and Silver perch in my system. There going to have to fill some big shoes come winter.

Members

Ok nitrate levels are looking like red cordial here. I had to take a brush cutter to the basil plant as it was growing to fast. I put six sweet corn seedlings in today to suck up some of the nitrates. Yes I will need a ladder come harvest time. But its my first year so its an adventure.

AAAHHHhhhhhh..Barramundi and Silver perch, so where is paradise?
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Nice looking system.
    Maybe I missed it but how much aeration are you providing your system?
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar