Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Members

Ok this is my system.

It took a day to draw the plans. Weeks to get all the parts. A month to get it running perfectly. Three months to get it fully cycled.

I hope you enjoy. Or leave some advice as to how to make it better.
    Last edited by Hobby Solutions; 04-20-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Re: Ok this is my system.

Welcome, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

A couple of suggestions, you need to control your algae in both your fish tank and sump. You should stop the sun light from entering from the sides and I have an algae fish in both of my tanks.

If you want to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

Members

Thanks. Yes I have put a insulation type blanket around the fish tank. And a tarp on top of the fish tank and sump tank. Algae levels are slowly coming down now. When I first installed them my Nitrite. Nitrate. And ammonia. Levels increased. They are all back to normal now. Zero. PH 6.4/6.7. It never changes. I keep my KH at 4ppm. By adding one spoonful of calcium/carbonates every three weeks. I have added little bits of Magnesium. Iron and Potassium. For my tomatoes/tomato’s . there starting to flower again. And producing fruit.

Alls good so far. I have read the first two pages of your post about your bells not working right? I built my system just using you tube clips. It took some time to work it out. But both my bells are at different heights. Work fine now.

Welcome to the forum. Also a word of suggestion. Members of this forum like to see photos of your system without having to go to youtube to look. Post photos of your progress here to get the best use and response from members.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

Sorry. I am using a Galaxy S4 from Samsung phone camera. Do you know of a program where I can down size the pictures? As it takes hours to up load clips. Thanks in advance.

I have about 20 or more photos on the build of my system. I thought they my help out some of the new people. By adding some ideas.

Thanks again.

I am using a Galaxy S3 from Samsung phone camera, if you charge your phone thought the USB port on your computer it should offer to down load your pictures auto. Put them where you may then after viewing them send some to you desk top. I upload mine to this site straight from my desk top.

You could also email pictures from phone to your email 1 to 2 at a time, then send them to your desk top too.

Good Luck

I use a program called "Auto Resize" on my iPhone and ipad. That works for me. You may find a version for android.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Members

Ok I tried photo bucket. but it wont work. all the pictures are on my PC. but they wont come up on here other than text, or a link.

Hay it worked? Now I just need to find out how I did it?

Hi Blizzard, Not sure why photobucket isn't working for you...?
    Hope this helps...lots of us are picture junkies...

When in 'Photo bucket'...Place cursor on a photo (upper right corner) a drop down window appears...
    Click on 'share links'....
    Then click on the IMG code...then paste it in your post.
    Only the code is seen , as you write a reply, once you click 'submit' (or 'preview')....the picture shows up in your post.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Thanks. David.
    The first six tubes are my IBC. PH7.4 Ammonia 0. Nitrite 0. Nitrate 20ppm. KH.3 GH.8

The second set off tubes are my Aquarium top up water going into my IBC GBS.PH 7.4 Ammonia 0.25 Nitrite 0.50 Nitrate 80ppm + . Yes I have fat goldfish that I used to start-up the IBC unit. 100ltrs per week goes into my Gbs.