Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: DIY AQUAPONICS UNIVERSITY

Quote Originally Posted by JCO
    I hope someone heard your call in time and came over to help.
    Nope Topz, but I really didn't expect anyone to show so I wasn't disappointed but it would have been nice.

Anyway sports fans, here's todays results of our labors. Got the bows (rib or whatever) up and tomorrow....well we'll just see what we'll see.

If you will look close, you will notice that you don't see any tracks out there made by me....that's because the seat of my breeches is dragin' them out

Very Nice JCO....
    Yust me thinking

Members

Great timing for me. I have just purchased some acreage and I intend to build a small system for personal use this spring. I look forward to more of your progress.

Josh

JoshW, thanks for joining the forum...you have hit it at a very opportune time. Pull up an easy chair, sit back and enjoy the ride.

As for today's update, I am really dragging this evening. We have been attaching purlins to the ribs of the greenhouse all day as you can see if you look closely at the photo. There are 3 of them and each time we did the attachment for them accross, we had to move the scoffling to get to the next. As you can see, we didn't get them all completed today. Still have 3 more to put up and that will be our Sunday.

It clouded up on us and the breeze picked up and it got a little cool up on the scoffling so by 5 PM I was quite ready to call it a day. Tune in again tomorrow, same time, same station for the continuing saga of the "WORK THAT'S NEVER DONE"

JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Looking really good! These things can be real money pits. You building your own tanks? I found a super cheap source of pond liners up to 17 mill. Got a quote for a 50' X 10' roll for $50. This is used billboard material. One side is black, the other side is white with printing. If you want I will post a link.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Can always take a look, I usually did my ponds into the ground and line it with 6 mil black plastic so put up the link, if I can't use it, maybe someone else can.
    JCO
    so never forget

It will just be a little more work, but a 30 amp hookup and a sewer drain would help when I drove the RV down to attend some classes.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

I have no power and no sewer drain anywhere around even for myself. I basically live in the outback subburbs....ya kn ow...well and septic tank kinda' outback. But you can park temporarily on the side of my property if need be.

As for today's accomplishmets, finished the rest of the purlins and got the side rails and wiggle wire channels drilled and ready for installation starting tomorrow.

Also got the scoffling taken down and ready to return to Home Depot tomorrow morning and then it's off to the electric hand drill and the side rails.
    JCO
    so never forget

OK, another day in the bag. I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked to but my helper had to go back to work and that left just me and my wife and she's not able to do any kind of lifting especially above her head. I did get the side rails partially completed when my son was able to come over late this evening and help me.

Hopefully I will be able to complete them tomorrow.

JCO
    so never forget

Members

hope its easy...really looking for a kit like this TowerGarden i bought Dec 2012!

as per forum rules, no links...edited by admin..also the kit you speak of is way overpriced especially for something you can build yourself

Grows yr round and got tons of great vegies...Tons of cherry tomatoes!! But still would like aquaponics !

Members

I used this product recently on a Koi pond on one of my build projects. It turned out great. I used masonry due to the design but they use it it on plywood boxes with great success. It is not "cheap" but it does offer some great flexibility http://www.rubberizeit.com