Hi everyone,

I've had my first aquaponics system running for about 6 months now, and have had decent success in researching and solving problems as they arise - except this. I have an IBC tote, and a bell siphon through the center of the grow bed. It's always worked well (in fact, I wondered if it cycled too often, but I couldn't find any literature to say that it would be an issue), but now the bell pipe doesn't seem to be catching anymore; I simply have a constant trickling as the water overflows the standpipe. It seemed as though some pebbles and grit had gotten into the bottom of the bell siphon, and I assumed it was preventing the bell pipe from holding suction when the cycle began. I removed all the pebbles and grit, but I'm still having the same problem. The base of the bell pipe appears the same as it always has, it's not uneven, although it does seem to wobble slightly when placed around the standpipe. (Not sure if it's always slightly wobbled, I've never had to pay close attention, but nothing has changed as far as the physical appearance). I'm desperate to get this fixed now because my plants are drowning (I've already lost my zucchini plant )! Any tips would be very appreciated!! Thanks in advance!