Can pH be gaged by air bubbles?

When my system was running high pH levels, my aerator's bubbles would burst as soon as they hit the surface.

Now that the pH level has come down from 8.4 to 7.6 all the bubbles from both the aerator stone and my aerator ring, float on the surface up to 10 seconds. Maybe a quick and easy way to check pH.

Members

Re: Can pH be gaged by air bubbles?

What's probably happening is the bubbles are being held together by the surface tension that has increased with excess proteins in the system. I work with some very large swimming pools, and you always know it's time to change the hot tub water when you get any kind of foaming action.
    Hard-water systems (mainly saltwater) use a protein skimmer to remove the excess protein; however, in our systems, the water isn't dense enough to cause a foam, which is required to actually remove it.
    Jason M.

That brings up another question. Is the excess protein good for the fish? To make them grow we get food that is high in protein.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Question #2 what would have brought the protein levels up over such a short period of time. This seems to have taken place over less than 2 week time frame...started about the same time of the eddy.