Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: I'm new and need tips!

Welcome, Bameroncrinkley, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

Tips for a beginner...read Oliver 101, be patient, read some more, browse through many topics on this site, be patient, ask questions, read some more, ask for advice on your build and above all BE PATIENT !

If you want to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

Welcome bam. be patient, observant, and make small adjustments.

Welcome to the forum Bameroncrinkley...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Welcome to the group. You will find many here who will help you along the way. Study, plan, share your plan, get feedback, adjust the plan if wanted then go for it. Apollo was right, patience is a virtue. Do it right the first time, it's easier than fixing it after the fact. That's experience talking there, very impatient here. Good luck.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

That looks to be a good setup to me. Thank you for clearly showing fill and drain flow. One thing might be to spend some extra time deciding on your pump.

I would grab the math out of the 101 threads that way you have some more solid Intel. I'm sure you can run several gbs with that setup. I trend towards 1cubic ft of grow bed per 7.5 gallons of fish tank.

As for the pump I use submersible pumps. I don't have any experience with any other styles.

Members

bameronkrinkley, oliver's 101 series is toward the bottom of the main forum page. It is an awesome guide to starting an AP system. I am new to this as well. Whenever I have strayed from his (oliver) advice, he and others here have brought my system back to health. Keep in touch as you go. Patience is a virtue
    "No man is poor if his word has value." - Dad

No worries man. That's what we are all here for.

Question, I'm not sure what an SLO is? How does it removes your water from the bottom of your FT back to your sump?

On the topic of pumps; I have a 3/5 HP submersible pump that has an output of 2,110 GPH, with a max. head lift of 16 ft. and Rated Pressure of 21 PSI with a 4 Amps draw.

This is my 2nd one, both have shorted out after only 6 months, cheap enough and are being replaced under warranty. But I would like to find a better pump, with good output and less than 4 Amps to run it. One that might run 2 to 3 years, cost will be more but if the SHTF I want something that is more dependable.

SLO: vertical pipe that surrounds your stand pipe with hole/notches cut in the bottom. Water by nature maintains constant height therefore forcing water up the SLO and then into your stand pipe. Someone correct me if I missed something there.

Apollo does your pump run constant or does it switch on and off.