Hello Oliver, I got this off the department of wildlife website for California, I could be wrong but looks like they are all deemed "detrimental animals" here and non are allowed, and the Blues are listed as well.

But I dont really mind bass if that is something i can rnaise in an aquaponics system, and I really would like to raise rainbow trout, hopefully that will work out.

FROM DFG :

5/Tilapia will be approved only in San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside,
San Diego, and Imperial counties. It may be stocked there only in waters approved by the Department of Fish and Game. Only T. mossambica and T. hornorum may be stocked and recipient waters must be approved by the Department. No tilapia may be imported until the genetic integrity of the stock has been certified. This certification may be required for every shipment.

Those species listed because they pose a threat to native wildlife, the agriculture interests of the state or to public health or safety are termed "detrimental animals" and are designated by the letter "D". The department shall include the list of welfare and detrimental wild animals as part of DFG MANUAL NO. 671 (2/25/92) IMPORTATION, TRANSPORTATION AND POSSESSION OF RESTRICTED SPECIES, to be made available to all permittees and other interested individuals.

0) Family Cichlidae-Cichlids
1. Tilapia sparrmani (Banded tilapia)-(D).
2. Tilapia zillii (Redbelly tilapia)-(D), except permits may be issued to a person or
an agency for importation, transportation, or possession in the counties of San
Bernardino, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, and Imperial.
3. Oreochromis aureus (Blue tilapia)-(D).
4. Oreochromis niloticus (Nile tilapia)-(D).