Hello,

I have decided to use the dura skrim material for my grow beds and Fish tank. Is there anything I can use to seam, overlap and glue these sheets and make them water tight?

Regarding the corners of the grow bed, do I need to fold them over each other? I would like to be able to cut them to get it installed clean and square but dont know what would be water tight for seaming. I found some tape that says its not guaranteed water tight...

Im about to start buying all of my materials, but my plans are still incomplete.

Im still not sure where my pipes need to go in and out from one filter to the next...

I hope Im clear enough.

My plan is to have constant flow from:

Fish tank (with oxygen stones)
Mechanical filter
Bio Filter
sump tank / reservoir (whatever is the correct terminology for it)
PUMP from there to grow bed (with oxygen stones)
back to FT

(If I am missing something to prevent over flow or something to regulate water levels please let me know I have not dealt with any of this before do I need stand pipes anywhere? If so where should that water go?)

Attached is an image of how I plan for my water to flow, can someone please help draw in where my pipes should go in and out.

lets say I use a 30 gal barrel for all those pipes would it come out an inch from the top of one and go in to the next an inch down from the top again, or does it come out an inch down from the top of one and go in an inch up from the bottom of the next one? I dont know.

I hope my question is clear enough.

I plan on posting all my construction plans, and pictures of the build once I am complete, should be done soon, I plan on starting the build next weekend.

I plan on having 3 grow beds at 3x6 feet each about 8" deep, this will hold about 100 gallons of water each, how do I calculate how big my fish tank should be, how many fish to have, and how much water I should pump per hour?

(the size of each grow bed is 3x6 determined by the space i have available to put them.)

Also do I need to have the hight of the filters from high to low to get the water to flow? Or having them on one plain is ok?