Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: DEAD Pink Tilapia...Good News...Bad News

That sucks Apollo. You've been loosing fish for a month now. Others have had similar Tilapia die offs as well. Makes me worry about mine. This is more a question for the group rather than just you, could there be something growing in the garden that are harmful to Tilapia?
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Just looked at your other post. You finished your "Vertigrow" setup shortly before the fish started dying. There is no formaldehyde in the lattice work or deadly chemicals in the white paint is there? Grabbing at straws here but that's the project you did just before the fish started dying. Look back at all the pieces of that and see if that could be the cause.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Thanks Roger, I went back to 1-5-14 "Metal core on pump", which started to corroded after 12-1-13. Then 1-7-14 with a 95% water lose to the system...about 6 fish not eating very much (stress). First fish die on 1-31-14, the other 5 died within 3 weeks of the 1st one. My guess is they were the ones that got stressed out when the water went down. It just took that long before they died from starvation.

My "Vertigrow" setup is all made from PVC material except for the 4 x 4 end frame work it's wood painted with 100% acrylic. We haven't had any rain since I build it, so nothing could of been washed in to the system. Not much growing in the growth beds yet to cause any problem.

All the gold fish are still doing GREAT...they look like little body builders (all buff).

I'm attending a AP tour on Sunday and will have a chance to see and talk to a person in my area with a large AP System.