Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Whirlpool Filter / Fry Catcher, W/Pic's

Thanks...I will keep you guys posted on my results. Rod

Members

Whirpool filter and water filtration system are so awesome any today generation are used in the lot of quantity. I went into Kmart the other week to print off some photos and I saw this thing marked was impressed with it considering the price, but the screen was shocking, very I got frustrated and smacked it with my favorite fry pan.

Less irritating avatar since 02/27/14.

...dead sled, glad to see I'm not the only one.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Fry catcher all sounds and looks great...but can't catch what I can't produce. I think I need to work on a Fry maker...fish are about 14 - 15 months old, no breeding going on. Can having a high male to female ratio prevent them from breeding?

I have never been able to catch a healthy fish...they're all faster then the speed of my fish net moving though the water. I may need to find my females and place them in the breeding tank with fewer males. Just need to catch them first, what type of fish net are you guys using?

I have 3. A small net used for the real little guys or to scope debrie from the tank, a large string net used to chase the fish into and a medium sized one that chases the fish and even gets lucky and catches one every now and then. My tilapia are not only fast but seem to be prolific jumpers. It's a good thing my growled is on top of the tank or they would jump right out as I try to catch them. Finally got 3 separated out to my breeding tank. Waiting for the action to start.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Don't know because I haven't tried it, but a big time Tilapia Farmer from St. Augustine, Fl. told me they breed best in about 18" to 24" of water and as big a tank as you can afford with plenty of hiding places for the female.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Not sure how to get any of my "Attached Images" to open up.

Jason asked me to post positive comments to help improve the new site. I think a picture is worth a 1000 words...if they can be viewed as you read the post it would make a world of difference.

I found out with my "Whirlpool Filter / Fry Catcher" the tiny fry's will live and grow there for months & months. I ended up taking the screen off my pump, pump sits in a 5 gal pal with 3/8" holes drilled into the side. This allows the "Fry's to make it to the filter area where they can grow 2 to 4" or more. By the time I clean out the filter after the breading season and before winter, they are all large enough to be placed in the main tank.

Maybe it's not the most effective way to separate and raise my baby fry's, but it's one of the easiest ways.

I have corrected the images for the first post. If you find any other posts where the images are not showing, please just report the post and I will fix the issues. Thanks for letting me know.

Jason

Thanks Jason...much better with pictures.