Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Hi from Dave in central FL USA

How u feeling Dave?
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Thanks for asking...still have a bad cold. I can't complain, I rarely get sick. When I do, I'm a big baby... .

I've been inside all week. However, yesterday I went and got a pice of EPDM liner for free. It's 16x10 ft. It does have a small cut in it. 5 inches long, maybe.
    I also got about 30 wooden fence post, just over 6 ft long.

I'm thinking of putting some post in the ground, every few feet, and using some cattle panels to make a FT with the rubber liner.....aprox 3'W x 3'D x 10' L. ( aprox 670 gals) Like TC did, but not round.
    I wanted the FT to be tall enough to flow into the GB that you gave me. Then use 1 or 2 of the pre-formed tanks that you gave me as the sump(s). Maybe the big one for the sump/motor....the smaller draining into the bigger one...... and grow duck weed in the smaller one (?)

I have a plastic box that is (aprox) 16x16x40" that I was going to fill with scrubbie pads to make a bio filter out of it.

I know I'll need more grow bed area, I was thinking of using some of the little plastic kiddie pools that are about 1 ft deep.

I dont know how long they'll last (?) But it would be good (cheap) for my "starter system". Even if it lasts for a season or two, it'll give me a feel for aquaponics. Besides I got them for free!
    I'll have to raise them a little bit, so they will be able to drain to the sump(s)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

"Ground breaking news, more at 11."

OK, I'm going to start a new topic in Backyard systems. Time to start.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

We'll be watching that one ...... looks like you're off to a good start as it is
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy