Members

NEWBIE CLASS??????????????

anyone know if there are any classes I could attend to learn more about ap and how to start or th step by step processs etc within driving distance from my home.
    South central Va near the NC border

Thanks, Fish LPN

Re: NEWBIE CLASS??????????????

Welcome, lpn_fish from South central Va, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure for your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix Arizona.

For those wishing to see my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

Check out Aquaponics 101 by Oliver it's at the bottom of the forum page. I got started back in July 2013 when I was given Aquaponinic Gardening by Sylvia Bernstein. It's a step by step guide to raising vegetables and fish together.

I didn't find this site until after my build was almost done, when I was tiring to get my Bell Siphon to work. For 3 weeks I tried ever thing...was just about ready to back fill the whole system in. I then decided to build my own Siphon, my design took me less than 20 minutes to make from left over parts. Had it up and running on the 1st try, tinkered with the media guards and the fish tank return 90's for the rest of the day. Been working non-stop every since.

Re: NEWBIE CLASS??????????????

Hello and welcome,
    It's hard to find classes, close by anyway, that's why this board is so valuable. I live in NC and have a small aquaponics greenhouse in my back yard. We also have a larger aquaponics operation here in the county were I live that I'm going to tour this Sunday @1PM. Here's a link to there aquaponics setup http://luckyclaysfarm.com/index.php/...y-clays-fresh/ The lady that owns it is into sustainable living and built this massive farm with lots of solar and aquaponics. Helps when you have a million or so to throw around. If you could make it for the tour, your welcome to join our small group, the aquaponics manager will be guiding us. You will pickup a lot touring an operating setup like this. I'll also be happy to share anything I have learned. But I'm still learning every day. Fighting Aphids right now. Just message me if your interested.