This winter, after a few consecutive days of bad snow storms, we went to the grocery store to restock the fridge. The produce section was bare b/c the delivery trucks couldn't get through! We decided that it was time to get a bit serious about AP b/c it's clear that we are at the mercy of ground transport for anything fresh.
I had a basement AP system at my last place that ran off of my aquarium fish systems (I've been keeping and breeding aquarium fish for close to 25yrs). It was a little too cold down there for the tomatoes over the winter; however, we moved into a larger house this summer and I'll be building a climate-controled fishroom and most of the tanks (14 right now) will be filtered mainly with AP.

I'd like to do a Banana tree and maybe a lime tree in our south-facing living room. A dislpay tank feeding these trees has been kyboshed b/c of space restrictions, so I am wondering if a stock tank with crayfish (Australian Red Claw, I guess?) would produce enough for them. The days can be pretty short in the winter, this far north - I'm thinking I may need some supplimental lighting in the dark months. When the time comes to set this up, I'll probably start a thread to gain some input and show the set-up progress. I haven't set up any AP yet at this new place (we moved in July), but I'll be posting as the projects come - the first will be something simple on a turtle tank (thinking a pseudo NFT).

Cheers!