Thread: Tilapia

Tilapia

Looking for some input here.

As I sort my tilapia I have found a handfull with bright red, almost fire red tails. This is not disease or parasite or toxin caused.
    Clearly a genetic development in the phenotypes that I have not had before.
    Orange/red bodies sure....but the actuall tail fin? And why not the rest of the fins?

Has anyone else had this? I am curious to know if I can narrow this trait down and cross it back to my orange/red Tilapia and make the whole fish red......ideas?
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Re: Tilapia

Hey foodchain, with all of your knowledge...and I know you are knowledgeable. Where's the pictures? Take a picture, put it into your computer, find it, send it to your desk top, go the Browse..., go back to desk top, click on the picture, click open, click on add the file. Now just wait and wait and wait, just a little longer...OK, Preview and submit.

There a picture is worth a 1000 words, I'll be waiting.

PS. Thanks again for all of your help.

Ok, I can get a picture this afternoon. My job didn't pay well this month unexpectedly, so I am working today cutting trees down for extra income. I guess we do what we have too.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

Join the club... I've been working 360+ days a year for since 1998; great to own your own business. LOL
    It's all about the fish, dude.