Thread: Tilapias gender

Members

Tilapias gender

Hi guy,

I would be very grateful if some of you could help me with tilapias gender determination.

Thanks for helping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	1,015.0 KB 
ID:	4232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	4233  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Tilapias gender

Not sure why you're not getting a response from the rest of the more intelligent ones. I'm new at all of this and my Tilapia's are smaller then yours. But from my limited knowledge that's a male, because they have two openings and the female only have one. At least that is what the guy that sold me my fish said.

I'll tag your post, maybe we will get a conformation on Male or Female.

Check out my main post "Pipe Siphon by Apollo" and "Fire Pit ... AP" to see my AP build.

I am thinking it is a male as well, but would like someone more knowledgable than me to confirm. I had one of my breeder fish die today and it's privates look exactly the same as what you have pictured. I pulled up this publication and from the pic, think it is a male.
    [attachment=1:1h2q3spb]Tilapia Gender.JPG[/attachment:1h2q3spb]
    Here is a link to the pdf that I got the pic from. Pretty good reading actually.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...58187178,d.eW0https://www.google.com/url?

Here is another pic: [attachment=0:1h2q3spb]Tilapia Gender Side by Side.JPG[/attachment:1h2q3spb]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trust God, after all, only He knows what He is doing.

Random Thoughts: There is some truth in every newspaper and magazine, you just need to know where to look....
    For instance: The name, price, date, and page numbers are usually always true!

Snoopis...so what's the verdict, I looked at your fish and the 2 sample fish...I come up with your fish is female. Y or N?