Hello,

I've made my mind up I'm gonna do whatever it takes to setup some kind of system in my house!!!
I've gotten interested in other things in the past that I wanted to experiment with but this could be a life changing transition so I'm going for it. I'm going to start off small and go from there. I've found a small aquarium locally for $15 with all the supplies with it. I don't know that I'll use everything it comes with but $15 for a tank was hard to pass up. Next I plan on getting some cheap shelving units, put the aquarium on the bottom and my grow bed on top, I've decided to get some expanded clay media for the grow bed. I'm not sure what kind of container to get for the grow bed so I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'd like to try to grow strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, peas and maybe beans. I'm a tinkerer so sourcing what I need to make things work isn't an issue, nor is getting them to work (with a little help, that's y I'm here). I also purchased some led grow lights off eBay , after some research it seems I probably would have been better off just getting led strips in blue and red, would have been a lot cheaper. If anyone has setup a smaller system with like a 10 or 20 gal aquarium I sure would appreciate some pointers. For fish I'm just looking at something like goldfish or something along those lines, decoration only I'm not going to eat them for this setup. And last but not least howdy all!!!!!