Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: stucco's system Expansion

They are sure resourceful it sounds like OK, bad joke ...... Sorry you lost some of your fish ..... hopefully you've been able to plug up the problem escape routes with some plastic grid to prevent more losses ..... If you haven't yet, you can get some plastic grid at either Wally World or a craft shop ..... just look for hook rug grid/screen and cut to fit
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope
    They are sure resourceful it sounds like OK, bad joke
    Hey, they were just going 'with the flow'.....bad joke number two...

Stucco....Sorry to hear about your escapees...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the condolences guys, but I’m not too bummed about a copula of loses. It’s just weird how the filter screen in the tank to tank connection was out at the same time as the slo drain being turned up slightly and the guard on the pump was off. I just would expect to see a dead fish stuck to the pump not lying in my grow bed. I usually have the pump in a tree pot contraption I made, but I took it down to winterize the system. And duhuhhh I also have a filter bag for the pump as well that I didn’t think of using.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by stucco
    It’s just weird how the filter screen in the tank to tank connection was out at the same time as the slo drain being turned up slightly and the guard on the pump was off.
    ...Two of my buddies showed up....ya never know where you'll find them and never know when....

KILROY AND HIS FRIEND MURPHY .....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Some plant growth pictures.

Some plant growth pictures.

Members

You've got some good growth there.

Fish will try and go just about any where. Also watch out for keeping air stones near the sides of tanks as they think they are stuck in a hole and try and jump upstream. Aquafarm near here didn't notice a miss placed air stone but in the morning they noticed the couple of thousand fingerlings sitting next to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by dufflight
    You've got some good growth there.

Fish will try and go just about any where. Also watch out for keeping air stones near the sides of tanks as they think they are stuck in a hole and try and jump upstream. Aquafarm near here didn't notice a miss placed air stone but in the morning they noticed the couple of thousand fingerlings sitting next to the tank.
    That's good to know ..... I guess i'd better move my airstones
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy