Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Sorry, for not relying sooner but this new site doesn't notify when someone reply's to any of my post. So I don't get on here much anymore.
    Check your spam folder for the emails as some email hosts filter them out. Just a thought as others are receiving them.

Jason

Hello Jason, I do not run spam on my email...so I accept all that comes to me. Since you redid the site I get nobody that comments on any of my post or wants my opinion. Not sure why it has changed, I also get no notifications on newbies joining the site. The old site had a section on the home page of the recent topics and most popular topics, that alone brought a lot of active to my posts. Pipe Siphon by Apollo has almost 16,000 views yet only 60 replies, that mean only about 20 members had posted a response to my questions or concerns. This site has lots of members looking for knowledge but very few wanting to take the time to share their own knowledge with others.

OK, lets update it's been over 1 year since I posted this on 9-06-2015 it's now 9-23-2016. Pipe Siphon by Apollo had almost 16,000 views, it now has 24,000 views, that's over 8,000 views in just over 1 year. With almost no "Replies" I would like to do an experiment! If you can read this PLEASE reply...if nothing more than to say HELLO.

After that send me an person message (PM) to say HELLO...I'm tiring to see if the lack of REPLIES has something to do with this site or just that people do not wish to take the time to respond.

With that being said...I wish each and everyone the feeling of pleasure and delight on you're journey though life.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The last three contacts from this site came from you...two of them was you wanting me to rejoin the group.

NOW THE SITE WANTS ME TO GET PERMISSION TO PROFORM THIS ACTION...not a very friendly site to use!
    Welcome back Apollo.

I have disabled the email notification when you have been away for a while as it seems to bother you, but am not sure what you mean by "NOW THE SITE WANTS ME TO GET PERMISSION TO PROFORM THIS ACTION...", can you please explain. As I have said in the past I am willing to try to solve any issues you have. You just have to drop me a PM.

Jason

The site wanted me to log off then log on again, it said I took to long to reply.

You disable my email notifications, not sure what that means...you stop the notifications that have to do with my post or people try to communicate me. You did this because I hadn't been on the site for a while...how would you know if it seems to bother me?

No Apollo, you misunderstood me. I did not disable your emails in any way. I had disabled the emails that were sent out to all members when a member had not been on the site for a while. You know the ones I mean, the "We want you back". You had mentioned those emails and I had thought you had meant that they might be annoying. I have re-read your email and as I must have read into it more then you meant, I will re-activate them. When someone responds to your posts, you should be receiving an email. I am just not sure why you are not other then emails from me.

Jason

Well, I gave it my best...I can grow fish, duck weed, salsa peppers, jalapeno peppers & bell peppers. Aquaponic Gardening for me has not worked to produce plant life...all plants in my Organic Garden have grown 2 to 10 times better.

I have seen it work...but not for me. Love my fish tank and I will keep the system up & running but will grow 95% of plants in my Organic Garden.

After 3 years, 2 month and 25,335 Views, I guess I'm DONE. Good Luck too all and remember in order to keep the FREE KNOWLEDGE coming, you as a viewer have to do your part. Sad to see all of the old crowd gone, the ones with the real knowledge. This site gave me 95% of what I needed to be a success before it died, maybe with just a bit more knowledge I could have been successful.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

I HAVE NOT FAILED. I'VE JUST FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT WON'T WORK. Thomas A Edison

Hi Apollo,

I am sorry to hear that things did not work out for you, but am glad to hear that your "Organic Garden" is working great. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
    Jason

Lost this 3 1/2 year old Pink Tilapia when my power went down doing a rain strom. I went to work with out checking on the tank...no water flow = no oxygen from splash return and water temp got down to 55 degrees. All fish were breathing air from the surface about 12 hours after power had gone off. 1 fish died about 24 hours after system was restored and one died 3 days later.

When I bought this fry he was about 1/2" long...now he's part of my Organic Garden.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish #!.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	5010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish #2.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	5009

What is the life expectancy of a Pink Tilapia? I now have one of my 3 1/2 year old fish playing possum on the bottom of the tank. She has been doing this for weeks...laying on her side not moving. As soon as I try to net her she swim away like nothing is wrong...old fish or sick fish?

Is she eatable or not? Leave her in the tank or end her life? Maybe the lack of oxygen from 2 months ago did some brain damage?

Hope to hear back from someone.

Thanks, Apollo

Hey Apollo,

Great to hear from you. While I have not had any experience with the Pink Tilapia breed, they are part of the Tilapiine Cichlid family, so I would expect the life span of around ten years. So your pet at this point is still young. How many do you have left, and are they all playing possum or just the one? Could it be protecting a breeding spot? Just guessing.

Jason