So I live in New Mexico and we are doing a composting toilet which is fine, but to build we need to get a liquid waste permit. Upon talking with them it turns out that Black water which is normally water from the toilet also includes kitchen sink water and possibly shower water. Because we are doing a composting toilet that doesn't use water we had thought we didn't need a septic tank, but because they say kitchen sink water and shower water is black water they say we do, or at least something like a septic tank. I have been doing a lot of reading and one of the things we plan on doing is an aquaponics green house. I have been reading also on Reed bed systems. So with all that in mind, here is the plan I came up with and was wondering if anyone has tried this, rather then a septic tank.
We are doing a composting toilet so no human waste will be in our water to start, so it's just the kitchen sink water and shower water which we would like to have going to the reed bed system which in turn feeds into the fish tank for the aquaponics system.