Members

Hello from Raleigh, NC

First off, this is a fantastic site. A ton of information on here as well as a thriving community. I'm building my first system right now, a small 45G FT. I'm trying to learn from this one and maybe a few more progressively bigger ones before I implement a larger greenhouse build in the next year or two. Hopefully I can make this a big part of the bio intensive outdoor garden I'm working on. For any of you in the NC piedmont, I'd love any input on yearlong greenhouse design.

Re: Hello from Raleigh, NC

Welcome to the forum. As for your greenhouse question on greenhouses, I am trying to finish my Guide book on Crayfish in Aquaponics at this time (almost there) and as soon as I do, I will be starting my next guide book on "The Specialized Aquaponics Greenhouse". Chinese style green house eat your heart out

It is especially designed for use with Aquaponics and it is feasible to use as a small unit for the backyard right on up to as big as you want to make it for commercial applications anywhere in the US year round.

It will incorporate everything needed to operate an Aquaponics System from grow bed construction and placement, cooling and heating, housing of aquatics (fish/crustaceans) and every piece of equipment needed to put it all together and make it work.

The only thing you have to provide (besides $.$$) is the labor (sweat of the brow)

Coming soon to a computer near you (on this web site)
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Welcome Ford
    DONT PANIC!!
    I look forward to hearing more about your ideas/design of your system as well as more about your future plans .
    Sounds interesting...wish I had the space to start something bigger ....but....not yet..
    Welcome and we like pics
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Welcome to the forum Ford. You'll find the people on here a very helpful and will offer tips and advice as needed.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Members

Welcome Ford. I look forward to seeing your system developments. Folks here are very helpful and generous with their time, so you'll get all the help you need.

I too started with gardening using biointensive methods, square foot gardening techniques and the like, and have added AP as a source for protein to add to my micro farm output. It's challenging, but a ton of fun, and very rewarding as things start to fall into place.

Welcome to a fellow NC enthusiast, we all are more than willing to help!