Let us get to Know You

I just noticed that we have had 28 people join the forum this month so far!!!
    Take time to read all the good info that can be found here but also post a new topic and introduce yourself.
    Even if you do not have an Aquaponic system in place yet or do not know if this is for you...let us know.
    We all learn from each other's ideas, suggestions and questions...and look forward to growing our AP family all over the world.
    Welcome to the addiction!!!
    Hope to hear from all those who are lurking on the forum and not yet introduced yourselves
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Members

Re: Let us get to Know You

Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks raindrops
    Good to see you on board

Members

Hello, I live in Washington state and my wife murders plants for a hobby. Currently I am growing some orchids and one rescued plant from my mom. I grew up on a small (non) working farm where we served as slaves to my mom who always dreamed of having a garden. I have dreamed too. I built a raised bed garden so my wife could have strawberries... they died from abandonment. I put in blue berry bushes in place of the pond I had to fill with dirt because the grandmas and mom found out our daughter had fallen into it. (I was with her, she was safe.) I planted asparagus there too. I did get some fresh asparagus, Heaven! My wife took over the care of this small garden. These plants died from abandonment. Then I read of aquaponics. This spring I hope to get access to a multitude of sliding glass doors and (inspired by a Mother Earth article) I want to put in a green house. The system seems pretty easy once set up but I was wondering: Should I quit now? I am thinking this might be pretty neat, should I give it a try? The idea of fresh greens and strawberries the size of plums is intoxicating. Have any of you started out as "stupid" and been able to do this? Thanks, Brian Olsen

Cityfarmer I joined up "stupid" myself but with lots of help from the members of this forum I shed stupidity everyday. I still learn everyday, so if you have an open mind and some "stick-to-it-ness" you will come out the other end smarter and wiser. Good luck and welcome.
    At what point did our government cease to be of the people, by the people, and for the people?

Have any of you started out as "stupid" and been able to do this?

Boy, you just described me!!!
    I must warn you up front though....This is very addicting!!
    Now that you have been warned, start reading Oliver's 101 course on this forum.
    It has a lot of good information to get you started...
    Learn, ask questions and share your ideas....
    I am sure that you can make it work ....
    Welcome to the site!

If everyone knew all there is to know about Aquaponics, I would have to have a forum about Mars or something else because this one would be obsolete and useless.

Study, Learn & make the same mistakes all of us did at one time or other then do it all over again because you were too impatient to wait for it to work UNLESS YOU STUDY AND ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS TO LEARN WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO AND IN WHAT ORDER
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

I found out about aquaponics a little over a week ago. I have spent a ton of time on the internet, forums, and youtube, and ave seen a bunch of things that work and don't work for people. It's amazing to see how much info there already is, and I am confident that the community will help us all succeed. I have learned so much in a short time, and I still have so so much to go. I am already hooked.