I think that the "scope" of the project (20 acres) changes the whole dynamic for what's practical or possible.

If I were considering a 20 acre project I would probably move immediately to Michigan, Minnesota, New York or (possibly) Ohio where it's legal to sell Lake Sturgeon flesh and Lake Sturgeon caviar. http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/Home/To...px?PostID=1590

I think the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources could write the marketing plan for Lake Sturgeon!

Due to the precarious status of wild sturgeon populations and a high black market value, enforcement of lake sturgeon regulations has been a continuing high priority for Wisconsin Conservation Wardens since the mid-1900s. In addition, the DNR enlists the assistance of many volunteers each spring as “sturgeon guards” to provide 24-hour watch over major spawning sites along the Wolf River to protect the fish from poachers.

No commercial harvest of lake sturgeon is allowed in Wisconsin. Furthermore, to prevent illegal “laundering” of lake sturgeon into commercial markets, the legislature found it necessary to enact sec. 29.503(3), Wis. Stats., which prohibits Wisconsin licensed wholesale fish dealers from buying,selling, bartering, trading, possessing, controlling or transporting lake sturgeon regardless of the source.

In order to protect Wisconsin’s native lake sturgeon populations, the Legislature has enacted regulations prohibiting all commercialization of lake sturgeon. Historically, lake sturgeon have had a great “black market” value with the flesh and roe being highly prized. Consequently, Conservation Wardens have found it necessary to devote extraordinary amounts of time and resources to protect this valuable native species, including overt and covert investigations into
the illegal harvest and marketing of the fish.

In addition, CITIES restrictions along with collapsing sturgeon populations due to over harvest in Eastern Europe, have reportedly increased worldwide interest in North American sturgeon as a possible source of roe for high value caviar.

Because of the extremely high value and potential profits associated with a lake sturgeon trade, conservation wardens are concerned about the potential for any unscrupulous private commercial operations illegally “laundering” lake sturgeon taken from the wild.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf