NEW MEMBER RECORD...!

15mules,

64 post in 9 days. This forum could definitely use a "SLEW" of members like you to help bring it back to where it use to be a few years ago.

We've lost members to various serious health problems and even had one great member, HOTRODMIKE pass away, then there are those that have somehow just faded away without a word or a goodbye. They are all sorely missed so I for one and I know the other members are glad you decided to make DIY your home away from home.

Keep up your informative posts and help us educated each other while you educate yourself. Soon it will be your turn to start posting photos and telling about your build.

Thank you for your contributions.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Re: NEW MEMBER RECORD...!

Yes, welcome aboard!

Well, I am not sure I have ADDED much information, but I certainly thank you for the kind words and the warm welcome I have received here. There are literally millions of websites and forums anymore, the trouble with many,(and yes I have tried several and quit some because of it) is the lack of sincerity by the members to openly discuss topics and freely offer advice. I feel really blessed to find a forum on a subject I enjoy, such as AP that is well moderated and the members sincerely want to share what information they have, without the air of hostility or superiority that is prevalent on many sites.
    I would also like to invite all of you simply visiting to seriously consider joining, I can tell you from my experience, as I am still a new member, you will be warmly welcomed and your questions will be answered in a friendly and informative manor.
    I would also challenge some of the members who have thought about posting, but maybe have not. Please consider doing so, everyone's opinion is important and even though none of us have all the answers and I do not think there are any here who claim to! You just never know when that small bit of information you offer can be a big help to another member. I truly believe as a community we have the power to prove AP as a viable, efficient farming alternative, or as individuals we can prove AP as just another passing fad, yet unproven.
    I for one think those of us involved in AP today have a great opportunity with this developing technology. Economically, Socially, Politically, AP is in the right time and place for us to work together, take it to the next level and look back 5 or 10 years from now, when you go to your grocery store and see that produce labeled "Aquaponically grown, guaranteed Organic", we can all be proud we had a hand in making that happen. Some of you may say "But I am not a commercial grower, just a backyard hobbyist"!! Do not sell yourself short. I have attended AP training's, I have read many books and watched many videos on AP and I can tell you in no uncertain terms, "YOU" are the ones moving this technology forward. Anyone who is involved in AP training and teaching, if they are honest will tell you, beyond their basic information offered on AP, much of the new information they are able to offer about AP comes from students with small systems who are willing to try something new and experiment, which is necessary to learn new things. The commercial growers cannot afford to take the risk the backyard grower can take, therefore they are sticking with a few proven products and not adding much new information to the field.
    The small backyard system, experimenting with new plants, new fish, new equipment and new grow methods is where it is at when it comes to developing AP to its full potential. "You are the ones heading West in your wagons, toward a new frontier, bravely going into the unknown, so future generations can follow" Metaphorically speaking of course, but a wonderful journey none the less!!!
    Lastly, I would like to thank JCO for providing this forum. I have been involved in other forums and websites and I can tell you, if you have never tried to manage a website or forum, it can be a daunting task to keep everything going, it is nowhere as simple as turning on the switch, and watching it go!!, It is a 24/7, time consuming job. Good moderators are also very important and they walk a fine line between actively participating in the topics they enjoy, while having to also spend time actively monitoring and policing, all the rest, not an easy job. Of course, the upside to being a moderator is the "Rock Star" status it affords you, and the shiny badge!!! haha
    Both JCO and the moderators of this forum deserve a big thanks for their continued service.
    Thanks for listening
    Never show your ignorance, by thinking you know it all

Members

15mules has had an impressive run of activity and thoughtful, detailed, informative posts. I thought that I was relatively active, but man 15mules just blows it out of the water! Nice contribution in keeping the forum vibrant and active.

Don't tell no body I have not actually built my system yet. I think everybody thinks you have to have a system before you can post. If we can just keep this between us, until next month, when I get mine built, we will be alright.
    Never show your ignorance, by thinking you know it all

Members

Mum's the word...

It is like we tell everyone that comes in the "door"...study, read, learn, ask....build and provide pics.....Thanks to all the members who provide thought provoking information that feeds this addiction...
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar