Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raft Material

Re: Raft Material

Thanks for the info on the White Styrofoam. I never really ask if they could get different grades of it as far as PSI. I guess I just thought Styrofoam was Styrofoam? I will have ask about that. In the mean time I have one bundle of Dow 2" Square edge and one bundle of the 2" utility fit ordered. The guy at the lumber store said it may take 4 to 6 weeks to get, I am hoping to have it by the end of the month???
    Never show your ignorance, by thinking you know it all

You might do a search...you may have a styrofoam manufacture in your area.
    I've also used White Cap (HD supply) to get some....you may have them in your area too (?)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Yes, I am aware of White Cap, a concrete supply company. They have a lot of stuff. The local lumber store I use is owned by two brothers who live here locally and I have known most of my life. They had a small store then were able to lease the old Walmart building and now have a really nice store. This has kept the Home Depot and Lowes out of town. I do my best to buy locally and help them out when ever I can. I have also found many times if I find something cheaper in a surrounding area, by the time I figure in my diesel and the time lost driving there and back, I am just as well off to pay a bit more and buy it locally.
    I hear people all the time complaining that our little stores went out of business when the Walmart came in, and I am constantly telling them it is the peoples fault, not Walmart!! If people would have continued buying from the locally owned stores, Walmart would have left, not our local businesses. I am a firm believer in supporting local business.
    Sorry, I guess I got a little of topic, but this is something I truly believe in, we must take personal responsibility for the large corporate stores taking over, our choices as consumers have made it possible.

Yep, I agree. I use the 'local' harware store too, when I can...

The syrofoam ( I use) is made in central FL...about an hour away.
    But I order it through white cap...they go get it and bring it to me for a small fee. Like you said...saves my time, fuel, and wear and tear on the truck...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

David do you know a trade name for the Styrofoam you use. I know you said it was 2 pound, but if I had a specific trade name or designation I could ask my local guy if he could see if he could get it.

The type of styrofoam is EPS....Expanded polystyrene.
    Remeber to request...virgin...no bug stuff or fire retardent

I got it I will let you know what I find. I looked up what the White Cap store has and all they have listed is the Dow blue board, they are also 125 miles away!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 15mules
    they are also 125 miles away!!!!!
    You know how that goes...if you didn't bother checking, they'd be 12 amd 1/2 miles away.... :P
    I did a quick search ...I typed in... EPS manufactures in AR.
    Several results showed up...I saw one site, listed 12 companys. You might find one not too far away...