I have pretty high hopes for salad greens during the winter, but I am really hoping for good growth in Collard greens or Mustard Greens, Turnip greens i would also be happy with. Remember we are down south and these things are local favorites, usually only available and affordable in the spring and fall. If I could make them available in mid winter,I think it would be a valuable product.
I really intend to keep this thing producing year round, so I just do not think I will be able to meet my goals, if I allow the water temp to dip low enough that it would be deadly for the fish. Having said that. Tim Mann said he acquired some blues from the University in Hawaii and they actually died due to low water temp., where as, what he thinks are a Nile variant fish, were still alive. I guess I am still not really convinced there is that much true pedigree to the Tilapia anymore, maybe I am ignorant on them, But I sure see a lot of contradicting info. on the web and in articles about water temp die off level and such.
Thanks