Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members
    Prairieville Louisiana, outside Baton Rouge

Re: Crappie are picky eaters!!

The square in the tank is minnow holding tank. My crawdads are in a separate kiddie pool not pictured. I am scared to put to many big ones in the tank with my fish. They fight the catfish for the hiding spots and will kill and eat them.
    “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

It will take a little time but ...raise guppies to feed them.
    Guppies multiply fairly quickly.
    But this takes time and effort too.
    just a thought...
    Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable - Zig Ziglar

Breed a tropical fish called a Danio. The zebra danio you can get from walmart for .78 each. These tolerate out door temps during summer in most of the country. I raised them/bred them outside when I was a kid in WA state on the peninsula.

They breed like crazy. You will have thousands in a few months. Feed those young with they are about 3/4 inch to the crappie......when you add minnows to feed crappie, add your other food too. Eventually they will convert to pellet that way. I have done this with bass and catfish.

However, live food will always be far superior in feeding than pellet or commercial feed.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."