Hi,
We have been reading up on aquaponic systems and raising tilapia or shrimp for about a year. We want to attempt to raise shrimp in a back yard pond first over a summer and gradually build from there each year, adding plant systems, tilapia and eventually a greenhouse. What I have not been able to find is what to feed the shrimp. Some of what I read suggested they scavenge the tilapia waste for food so in a full aquaponic system with both and plants you don't need shrimp food. But if we do just a shrimp pond first we obviously have to feed the shrimp.

I found some commercial shrimp feed pellets online made by Purina but I had concerns what could be in that and if we really want to be feeding that. It could have additives or loads of GMO soybeans etc and maybe not the best option. But I couldn't find either an organic type shrimp food or a solution such as home made or left over foods etc.

If we purchase fry from somewhere do we need to feed something different than what we would feed as they matured a bit?