Hello all. I have been reading this forum for quite a while, and wanted to share my system with you, but since this is my first post, I might as well say a bit about myself. I am in Rockland County, NY, just NW of NYC in USDA zone 7a. My passion has become growing quality, nutritious food for my family, and started this in 2010 with a few egg laying hens and a small garden in an urban lot. Since then, I have continually expanded my growing space, learned more and more about gardening, extended my growing season with hoop houses, and tried my hand at AP. Future plans include some fruit trees, more edible perennials, BSF and red worm composters, and rabbit and/or quail.

I started my first AP proof of concept system last year in a 35 Gal FT with goldish and a DWC tank to F&D bed. I am now on my second system (taking lessons learned) which is centered around a 150 Gal tilapia tank, with two GB's (currently) with continous sub-surface flow, one with hydroton, and the other with a soil mix over a few inches of hydroton. The system also has a radial flow solids filter (with matala filter in a weir-like setup), and a moving bed bio-filter/sump. Once I figure out how to post pic's, I'll share these and welcome any comments/advice.