Threaded View

Members

Re: Utilizing existing 750 gal fish pond

Ok! Now it is july27,Not a lot of encouragement ,in April ,but enough to forge ahead ,messy set-up ,contains 1-DWR aka clear water sump 150 gal. combination ,going to BIC grow bed w/12" of 3/4" granite gravel w/ corner ladder supports .1 - dirty water sump connected to 5'x4' constant flow wicking tank bed w/ drop in trays and buckets . Both are totally close loop ,fed back flush from my Sand and Gravel filter from the pond ,to the sumps, both sumps are in constant circulation and aeration ,late start ,heat got lettuce & greens ,will reinstall for fall attempt .Both sumps refreshed weekly ,excess prior to recharge is fed to ground plants ,They are going nuts! Cucumbers taken over GB ,providing shade for tomatoes and peppers and cabbage ,starting build of two compartment wicking bed 12'x3'x6" I/3 clean water Dutch bucket style .w/ perilite ,2/3 dirty water w/ soil for root crops ,potatoes ,carrots, parsnips ,etc . Beets in existing shallow trays 6",just playing around seeing what works ,love the constant flow wicking tank -Bed . The closed loop's seems to be doing the job ,next spring I should be ready ,have plants started for fall attempt ,worms are happy fish are happy ,plants are happy & I am busy and very happy with the results so far .Now to see if I can add some pix!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not what you look at as much as what you see!

It is what it is ,Till YOU CHANGE IT!