Got to take advantage of the weather in Hawaii.
I started hydroponics last year and had good success. I did not like the measuring and mixing of nutrients though and since I am naturally lazy...I looked for something "easier". I heard read a little on aquaponics and decided that would be the next test. I built a small system in my office and was successful with growing eggplant and chili peppers. So now I just built a patio system that is using a 20 gallon tote as a fish tank that is over-flowing into a 5 gallon bucket that collects larger material. I pump from this to two 20 gallon mixing tubs that I bought from home depot. I plan on using one as a floating system and the other I put 1" of red cinder and will place individual trays (netpots or other small containers) filled with hydrotron to grow peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber.
I have been cycling the water for a week and I have started adding fish. I will be using guppies since them little critters like to make lots of babies
I have been reading a lot about ap and feel fortunate to come across this forum so I can ask, learn, grow and share.
When I learn how to post pictures, I will so I can get some feedback from the knowledge-base found here.
Thank you,
Don