Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miracle gro?

Members

Re: Miracle gro?

Yah the algae isn't bad yet but it's goo to know how to get rid of it. But I have another problem!! Aphids!! Those little boogers are on my okra bell peppers and cilantro. How the heck do I get rid of those?
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out!

Members

Re: Algae in your tank

I put in a catfish and it cleans the tank very well. Don't seem to bother my tilapia either, plus the tilapia also eat the algae.

Members

i've read that quite a few people have had success with a hot pepper/galic spray, but i haven't had much luck with it..

you can get ladybugs or lacewing larvae, i'll take good bugs over chemical treatments any day..
    with ladybugs, you can get quite a few for cheap.. if you do get ladybugs, release in the evening after giving your plants a nice watering.. the moisture will keep them close at first, and the aphids will keep them around

I try to just spray off the aphids, with city water using a hose sprayer. No, it doesn't kill them, it's more of a deterent.

We use a product called 'botnai gaurd', It's a 'fungus' and it safe around the fish.
    But, It does come with 'price sticker shock'...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Wow I didn't think it would be so hard to get rid of those little pests. Crap.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out!

Members

Oh by the way I haven't thanked all of you for the help. Thank you all for the guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Albatross
    Wow I didn't think it would be so hard to get rid of those little pests. Crap.
    Aphids can be a pain. Plus, the ants like to farm them...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    We use a product called 'botnai gaurd', It's a 'fungus' and it safe around the fish.
    But, It does come with 'price sticker shock'...
    Do you mean Botanigard Es? $90 a quart seem pretty stiff. How far does that go and how long does it stay effective?
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Yes, Botanigard ES

A capful to a gallon.
    Don't really know about how long it's effective....a few days maybe.

I try keep the aphids at bay, just by spraying them off the plants with city water. When they really get heavy, we break out the Botanigard

Members

Darn. I tried the garlic spray. Didn't work.