I am currently waiting on my fish. I have the system setup. I even planted some plants. I know it was premature but I was getting impatient. Lol. I was wondering if anyone has heard of using miracle gro in the water for the plants? And if anyone has heard whether the miracle gro will hurt the fish or not? I haven't put much in and my nitrates are between 0 and 20 ppm where as my nitrites are 0. I'm not sure what the ammonia levels are because my strips don't tell me. I am planning on purchasing the liquid test kit later on. I did also use house hold ammonia (detergent free) in the water for a few days. Then switched to miracle gro because the side says it has nitrates and nitrites. The only things that changed on my test was the ph went from 8.4+ to around 7.5ish. And the nitrates went up a little. Oh by the way I have an ibc system with a 150 gallon tank and about 60-70 gallon growbed. I am just trying not to kill the plants (that I prematurely planted) and not kill my fish (they should arrive in a few days). I am new to this and any feed back would be very helpful. Thanks.