Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: Remote Monitoring

Hi David,
    I've noticed the galvanic isolation issue on the Apex site and am looking into isolating the systems.
    I looked at the Apex price for basic entry and saw $499 at a store in CO.
    That is a pretty good price. I believe that was without probes.
    Could you let me know if that is about right. (That's a pretty small system and maybe not what you work with.)

I think I could set up a temperature and water level monitoring system to watch a single tank for $199. My system uses the client's existing email address and a pre-existing computer and ISP. I guess that would be a cost too if the client didn't have one. The system could be expanded based on that for relatively little added cost. pH and conductivity probes start to jack up the price and increase the maintenance.
    That reminds me.
    Do you service your own probes or does Apex calibrate pH and conductivity sensors. (Sorry, I've forgotten if you monitor these.)
    Please disregard this question if you don't.
    Thanks again for the link to the manual. Interesting stuff.

They sell the calibration fluids along with the replacement probes and membranes for the oxygen sensors.

I think $499 is about right... but that's with a pH & temp probe, the display/interface, and 8-socket "EnergyBar" power unit.

We're starting with 5 tanks, so we need a few more EnergyBar and sensor units; and I'm still trying to decide whether we need 5 DO units at $600/each.

The Apex will run our 8 automatic feeders, turn on the UV sterilizers, skimmers, water top-off valves, plus we're using the 0-10v outputs to control the variable-frequency drives that set the output of our pumps. There are plenty of inputs for the float switches, pressure switches, flow switches, etc.

I actually started out researching the Arduino controller and stumbled onto the APEX while looking for sensors.
    It's all about the fish, dude.

Members

The Apex system does seem to be great value!
    I'll have to keep playing with it and see what I come up with!
    Thanks again.

Members

I'm also going to install two DropCams with my system. Where can I find more about the Apex system? Googling it didn't bring up much.

Members

Just my two cents. I've been kind of interested in something like this. If I'll ever get an aquaponics system done...

For a DIY solution... You could probably use a central Raspberry Pi webserver ($35, plus internet and router) hooked up to different arduinos to collect data from sensors. They would send info through RF. The Pi would store it in a database, display the most recent info on a webpage, and email the current sensor data.

Wouldn't be too hard. You would have to learn a little programming though.

Members

Hello,

I'm looking to do a similar system for remote monitoring but I need additional capabilities. I need to be able to add nutrients using either a metered flow valve (measured in ml) system or some type of automated/programmable system that would allow me to add nutrients or correct pH as needed remotely. I had a nice system set up but now I travel a lot for my job and I have no one to take care of things while I'm gone. Maybe something I can log into using my smartphone or laptop.

I have different nutrients I need to be able to add remotely. I already have a remote camera system so I can identify potential problems/failures when they occur but I need to be able to correct them as well.

Can you help me out with this?

I have another remote monitoring which related to network operation center.But its great remote monitoring system.